This BottomLine Controller has both public and private company experience and is able to formulate, plan and execute tactical initiatives based on company goals and objectives. Additionally, she has the ability to manage multiple processes and individuals, while maintaining a focus on corporate mission and vision.
She also has a proven track record in a variety of senior management roles at large and small organizations, including corporate accounting and financial planning and analysis. During her career she has also been responsible for leading high-performance teams to successful outcomes.
She has a 16+ years of experience in accounting, including nine years in corporate accounting for a publicly held company and four years in public accounting. Most recently, she served as Director of Corporate Accounting for Black and Decker. Throughout her career, she has played a key role in many notable projects, including:
- Managing the accounting department of a company (including integrating people and systems) that, thanks to acquisitions, grew from $50M to $250M in revenue within two years,
- Managing cash aggressively and improving working capital by improving collection efforts and maximizing terms with vendors.
- Implementing and documenting controls and procedures to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley. As result of this work, the company had zero exceptions in audit control testing.
- Implementing a number of systems, including a cash management system, financial reporting and consolidation application, as well as an automated travel and entertainment expense system.
- Developing and implementing monthly financial statement packages for small business owners.
- Working with a wide variety industries, including: healthcare, physician practices, law firms, manufacturing, financial services and non-profit organizations.
With her years of experience and variety of positions, this BLGS Controller brings a depth and breadth of understanding to her clients which allows her to improve the monthly reporting process, build effective teams and work with owners and their management teams to meet their objectives.
She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from The University of Baltimore, and obtained her CPA I 1996.