This Bottomline CPA has strong public company experience and excellent interpersonal skills. Recently, she was the Senior VP and Controller of a financial institution in Maryland where she is responsible for all accounting operational functions. She coordinated external financial reporting and regulatory filings and also serves as Corporate Secretary. During her time there, she successfully developed a process to account for the complexities involved with business combination accounting related to a failed bank acquisition.
This graduate of Stevenson University with a degree in computer accounting is a skilled multi-tasker who also recognizes the need to prioritize. She formerly held the position of Controller at Kelly and Associates Financial Services where she handled month end closing responsibilities, prepared federal and state tax returns for various related business entities and managed all corporate and individual licensing.
From 2005 to 2009, she developed her technical skills as the Vice President of Finance and Compliance at Bay National Bank. There she prepared monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP and filed applicable documents with the SEC. In addition, she helped manage the bank’s compliance function. While there, she was awarded the Chairman’s Award of Excellence. In 2000, she joined Bank of America as the Assistant Vice President and Senior Field Examiner/Auditor. While there, she was awarded the Bank of America Spirit Award of Excellency. Her career started with approximately three years in public accounting including audit and tax experience with manufacturing and distribution clients.
Additional highlights include:
- Developing and maintaining corporate policies, procedures and internal controls over financial activities.
- Evaluating financial systems and operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Managing all corporate and individual licensing, registrations and required filings including those related to benefit plans (Form 5500, financial statements, etc.)
- Supervising Human Resource and Accounts Payable Administrator
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer to oversee the financial management of a bank including management and board financial reporting, SEC reports, liquidity management and regulatory reporting.
- Performing field examination audits for various local and national financial institutions.
She is also proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Fiserv (core processing system for banks), Viewpoint (report writer), and QuickBooks
When not working, she values time spent with her family and being involved with her church.