This BottomLine CFO is a seasoned financial executive with an exceptionally wide array of industry experience, including healthcare, not-for-profit, manufacturing and distribution companies. After serving as a Senior Vice President in several large corporations, he has returned to his consulting roots, which began when he was a Manager in the Consulting Practice of Arthur Young.
As a CFO guide, He helps growing companies improve profits, establish necessary controls, overcome obstacles, and prepare for profitable mergers and acquisitions. Having served in senior financial positions at several different high growth companies including two major turnarounds, he thrives on the challenge of creating the financial infrastructure to support growth in both the top and bottom lines.
Previously, he served in CFO and Controller positions at three fast growing companies in the healthcare and distribution segments, as well as a global Fortune 150 manufacturing company. During his tenure he has:
- Overseen large-scale turnarounds, including one where a $5M operating loss was turned into a $15M operating profit within two years.
- Led the underwriting process on over $200 million of successfully awarded bids at a major healthcare company.
- Supervised various organizational departments including Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, Tax, Risk Management and Information Technology.
- Traveled extensively to Europe and South America and supervised staffs in six different countries.
- Played a lead role in the acquisition of a major healthcare industry competitor in due diligence, financing presentations, purchase accounting and analysis of claims reserves.
- Consolidated accounting departments of predecessor organizations post-acquisition.
- Established first ever budget and forecast system for a major behavioral healthcare company.
- Established first ever internal audit function at a multi-site distribution company with a history of financial control issues.
- Reduced overall insurance costs at the distribution company by 15% through proactive negotiations with insurance carriers and improved loss prevention programs.
- Played the lead finance role for a global restructuring of manufacturing operations in Europe and the U.S., which resulted in annual savings of $3.5 million and capacity being closer to the major markets.
- Strengthened financial controls across locations at the manufacturing company and received an “Excellent” compliance rating on all audits over a period of four years.
He devotes much of his free time to volunteer work with Bethesda Cares, a homeless outreach organization where he is the editor for the grant application process and an interviewer in the canvassing campaign to identify medically vulnerable people living on the streets. He also enjoys international travel and learning foreign languages. He is a magna cum laude graduate from the University of Southern California with an M.B.A. in Corporate Finance and Accounting, and also holds a B.A. in English Literature from Occidental College. He received his Certified Public Accountant certification while working at the Los Angeles office of Arthur Young.