This BottomLine CFO has over two decades of financial leadership experience over multiple industries. Most recently, he served at a family owned video game trading services provider that merged into a public equity. For more than six years he was an integral part of the finance division at a publicly-traded clean technology and smart-grid networking company. After serving as Vice President of Finance there, he was appointed Chief Financial Officer in 2007.
Prior to that, he was the Controller of an applications solution provider, where he was tasked with building its financial processes for this start-up. Before serving in this position, he held the position of Corporate Accounting Manager at Snyder Communications, Inc., a global marketing company, where he was involved in consolidating and reporting the company’s extensive operations.
He has also held various positions at two public accounting firms including a local firm that merged with American Express. His expertise includes cash forecasting and management as well as regulatory compliance.
Highlights of some of his experiences include:
- Extensive experience in financing transactions including debt and equity capital raises and managed numerous financial diligence processes.
- Established the initial year Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts for an organization utilizing internal staff and an independent consultant to design the control environment.
- Established a financial reporting process for a newly public organization including board of director audit committee process.
- Responsible for the financial reporting for a publicly traded technology company including the annual 10K, the quarterly 10Q’s, the annual proxy statement and other required reporting matters.
- Partnered with a project management team to pioneer the financial statement reporting module of a custom application for a client’s automated management reporting system – “Digital Dashboard”.
- Performed audit/review/compilation engagements for a diverse client base including partnership and corporate accounts comprised of wholesale distributors; real estate companies; and not-for-profit organizations.
This BottomLine CFO is a member of The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), The Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA) and a graduate of Towson State University.